Monday 30 March 2015

Get to know me




Hey! This post is going to be a little 'get to know me' using questions I found on Beauty type, but first I've got something to say.
In my first blog post, I wrote that I was obviously hiding behind makeup and that I wasn't happy with myself. I have now decided this is not true. It is true that I am not happy with the way my body looks, and I do think that I look better with makeup. But in all honesty, I enjoy sitting at my dressing table, and going through the process of picking colours to use that day, and applying them using different techniques I have picked up. I enjoy researching new products and reading other peoples reviews. I just love makeup and skincare, and I am now beginning to see makeup as a form of art, which it is! I was never very creative at school, but sit me with an eye shadow palette and (in my opinion) I can choose what colours will work well together and on my skin tone. With that out of the way, on to the questions!


1. Do you have a middle name?
 This is going to sound bonkers but I'm not sure. I think I do, my name is Rachel Lee Macey (yes my dad spelt it the male way), and because its spelt like that, I've always thought that my name is Rachel-Lee, ever since I was tiny.

2. What was your favorite subject in school?

 English, I used to love creative writing in Primary school, and as I got older I loved the fact that I couldn't be told my opinion on a text was wrong.
 
3. What’s your favorite drink?
Definitely monster energy, I am fairly sure my blood is about 75% monster.
 
4. What’s your favorite song at the moment?
At the moment, I think it is Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars, but it changes regularly.

5. What would you name your children?
Jamie and I decided on Scarlett or Jessica for a girl (I love that Jessica Roberts sounds like Jessica Rabbit) and Todd or Finn for a boy.

6. Do you participate in any sports?
I love swimming, but that's it. I used to hate PE lessons.

7. What’s your favorite book? 

The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald. I read it for A level English and at the time I could really relate to Daisy.

8. What’s your favorite colour?
Usually I would say pink, no questions asked. But at the moment I am really loving purple.

9. What’s your favorite animal?
Cats. I am a crazy cat lady.

10. What’s your favorite perfume?
Thierry Mugler Alien

11. What’s your favorite holiday?
Probably Christmas, never really thought about it.
12. Have you graduated from High School?
Well I got my GCSEs and my A-levels so I think thats the english equivalent?

13. Have you been out of the country?
Yes, when I was younger I was fortunate enough that my parents would take us to France every year. I've been to America when I was a baby, and since finishing school I've been to a few different places including Egypt.

14. Do you speak any other languages?
Not really well, I was taking a French module at uni before I had my year out.
15. Do you have any siblings?
Yes, I have a younger brother.

16. What’s your favorite store?

Well I prefer to go makeup shopping rather than clothes, so I'd probably say Debenhams or Boots.

17. What’s your favorite restaurant?
Royal China in Harrow, I freaking love dim sum.

 
18. Do you like school? 

I didn't at the time, but like everybody always says I look back and miss it. Now that I've had a year out of uni I'm also missing that.

19. Who are some of your favorite YouTubers?
EssieButton, HudaBeauty and Goss.
20. What’s your favorite movie? 
I don't know, I do love The Great Gatsby as I think it is a really great adaptation of the book.
21. What are some of your favorite TV shows?Pretty Little Liars (Who is Charles?!), Orange is the New Black, Holby City, and I am currently rewatching Misfits

22. PC or Mac?
I have a PC but I would love a Mac
23. What phone do you have?
I have the iPhone 6.

24. How tall are you?
I’m 5’6. Quite short in my family.

25. Any pets?

Ah. I have a dog, four cats, a rabbit, a hamster and a bearded dragon. If I had my way I would also have guinea pigs and a snake. And probably a lot more cats.

I hope that gives you all a better idea of the crazy cat lady writing these posts!

Thank you for reading, and don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' and Instagram
 

No comments:

Post a Comment